Super Contributor
petera

Talk Talk Mobile

The new Talk Talk mobile service sounds interesting, but I cannot find which network Talk Talk will be using. Are they going to use the Vodafone network used by Talk Talk/OneTel?
Free calls from the mobile to the landline are welcome - but it would be even more welcome if calls from the landline to the mobile were also included.
Petera
Frequent Contributor
viva1angel

Re: Talk Talk Mobile

try getting O2 home phone and Mobile.... that Does it! you get free mobile 'minutes' on your landline and you can get free landline calls from your mobile.

they may use Voda... they have the same kind of Hidious Phone CS so makes sense :smileymad:
Super Contributor
The Islander

Originally Posted by petera
The new Talk Talk mobile service sounds interesting, but I cannot find which network Talk Talk will be using. Are they going to use the Vodafone network used by Talk Talk/OneTel?

Free calls from the mobile to the landline are welcome - but it would be even more welcome if calls from the landline to the mobile were also included.

Petera

It uses Vodafone. See link for information.

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/products/mobile/sim-only.html
Regards

Peter
The Islander

OCE_Ady
Topics: 0
Kudos: 765
Solutions: 371

Hi petera,

A word of caution with regard to TalkMobile. If you have a mobile number that you wish to keep, don't port it to TalkMobile. It emerged during our training on this product that although you can port the number to us, we can't port it away. In short if you have had your number for years and you port to us if you decide to leave you will be using a new number.

This may now have been rectified however we are still awaiting confirmation of this.

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Super Contributor
petera

Thanks very much, Islander, for confirmation it is the Vodafone network. I searched the pages in your link before, but could not find it. I must confess I still cannot find a TAlk Talk statement it is using Vodafone, but am grateful for your information.

Thanks, Ady, for your very prompt warning on the portability of mobile numbers.

Petera
StephenF
Topics: 66
Kudos: 137
Solutions: 5

If you need anything else just let us know.

Super Contributor
The Islander

Thanks very much, Islander, for confirmation it is the Vodafone network. I searched the pages in your link before, but could not find it. I must confess I still cannot find a TAlk Talk statement it is using Vodafone, but am grateful for your information.

Thanks, Ady, for your very prompt warning on the portability of mobile numbers.

Petera

Check this link from The Independent newspaper.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/talktalk-to-launch-its-ownbrand-mobile-services-afte...
Regards

Peter
The Islander

Super Contributor
petera

Thanks, Islander, for the link which confirms the Vodafone network - important as some of the other networks are not received at my home area. I wonder why Talk Talk do not appear to mention it in their publicity (or perhaps it is hidden somewhere to make it difficult to find).
Petera
Regular Contributor
jamieheron

I phoned TT mobile today ref thinking about taking up their offer of the £10 rolling contract, i dont think i will be taking it as i get a better deal on pay as you go??? for your £10 a month on TT you only get 200 units to use as a combination of text and calls For topping up for £10 a month on o2 i get 100 x network mins and 300 text, I thought you were meant to get better deals on contract???
Super Contributor
The Islander

Thanks, Islander, for the link which confirms the Vodafone network - important as some of the other networks are not received at my home area. I wonder why Talk Talk do not appear to mention it in their publicity (or perhaps it is hidden somewhere to make it difficult to find).
Petera

To be honest it is not a good deal. Go direct to Vodafone. I managed to get a 300 minutes and unlimited texts for £12.50 per month when I moved from Orange and a free handset included. So I would shop around.
Try all networks you could get that good offer.
Regards

Peter
The Islander

Super Contributor
petera

Originally Posted by The Islander
To be honest it is not a good deal. Go direct to Vodafone. I managed to get a 300 minutes and unlimited texts for £12.50 per month when I moved from Orange and a free handset included. So I would shop around.

Try all networks you could get that good offer.

What would swing it for me is if Talk Talk included not only free calls from the mobile to the landline but also free calls from the landline to the mobile. I used to have this with Freecaller with TalkTalk One tel and it meant calls diverted from the landline to the mobile were free of charge. This was a great advantage I lost when signing up with Talk Talk for broadband.
Petera.
Super Contributor
The Islander

What would swing it for me is if Talk Talk included not only free calls from the mobile to the landline but also free calls from the landline to the mobile. I used to have this with Freecaller with TalkTalk One tel and it meant calls diverted from the landline to the mobile were free of charge. This was a great advantage I lost when signing up with Talk Talk for broadband.
Petera.

Same here and better speeds. But I think they might of overstretched them selfs this time.
Regards

Peter
The Islander

OCE_Ady
Topics: 0
Kudos: 765
Solutions: 371

On T MOBILE from Virgin, I get 300 minutes and 3000 (unlimited) text messages for a tenner on a rolling contract. Oh and I was able to use it in France with a bit of a tweak. No strings or ties.

Super Contributor
petera

Thanks, Ady, for your observations on Virgin. Unfortunately T mobile has had very poor reception in my area and could not be received in the house at all. It is possible it might have improved but I would avoid the T mobile network for that reason.
I would certainly be tempted by the Talk Talk mobile offer if it was amended to include free calls from the landline to the mobile.
Petera