Occasional Contributor
IanZZ

How to work out the cost of dialling 0871.

What is TalkTalk's charge for phoning 0871 760 1002 ?

Step 1.
Go to BT's Price List for 08xx numbers ... www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/1632_d0e5.htm ... to get the price band code. My number is code "G14".

Step 2.
Go to TalkTalk's price list ... broadband.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/essentials ... to convert code G14 into a price. Click "Essentials". Click "Rates to UK Landlines".

Surprise, surprise.
Code G14 isn't listed, along with many other missing Gxx codes (G10, G11, G12, G13 and many more).

So this question isn't really just about me wanting to ring one number - it's also about why a whole bunch of phone numbers are missing from TalkTalk's price list.

---
Step 99.
Try ... www.saynoto0870.com ... but that doesn't answer the question.

Ian
Super Contributor
barney

Re: How to work out the cost of dialling 0871.

Occasional Contributor
IanZZ

Spot on, Barney
9.9p connection plus 8p per minute at all times.

My second reason for raising this query was to point out that the call charges provided by TalkTalk on its web site were incomplete. Well, actually they aren't incomplete, they are just hard to find.

So the correct procedure to find these numbers (assuming you don't have a friend called Barney to give you the direct link) would be:

Go to TalkTalk's price list ... broadband.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/essentials ... Click "Essentials". Click "Rates to UK Landlines". Click the not very obvious "Other call types (click here for number list)", and it will link to the PDF prices file.

It could (and should) be clearer.
Perhaps an OCE could just mention this to someone?

Ian
Super Contributor
barney

lollollol

It took me a while to find, but your wonderful response has made that effort very worthwhile!!
Super Contributor
Unicorn

Originally Posted by barney
lollollol

It took me a while to find, but your wonderful response has made that effort very worthwhile!!

Sounds like the search in a Pschyrembl..........
Regards, Unicorn.

Do you phone a lot to mobiles? Let the OCE's add the new 100mobile minutes for £2.93/month

Please visit my homepage

http://www.broadbandadvice.org.uk

Barney for EM