Super Contributor
pappyon

talktalk phone directory

Does talktalk have a directory of telephone subscribers available?

If so how would I access it?

I am supposed to be ex-directory yet I am starting to get calls from Double Glazing firms, and crooks supposed to be giving away free Security Systems.

I would like to be able to check to determine whether talktalk have put me in their directory when they changed my number due to a house move, after explicitly telling them I wanted to be left out of it as I have been for the last 3 years.
Super Contributor
MikeDT

Re: talktalk phone directory

Hi pappyon,

Irrespective of TT's reply, I'd be inclined to register with the telephone preference service to show your number as not wanting junk calls.

www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

This has cut out about 99% of my junk calls and a simple response to the remainder "I am registered with the TPS and you should not be calling me on this number" - then putting down the phone - deals with the rest.
Mike
Super Contributor
pappyon

Re: talktalk phone directory

Thank you MikeDT

I am registered with the TPS and have been since my number was changed by talktalk when I moved last August.

We have just been contacted by a crowd who told my wife we had won a free house security system. It's a scam going the rounds up here whereby they tell you this and then send out a salesman who you couldn't shift with a bulldozer, and obviously the security system is not free at all. One poor old 89 year old woman with Alzhemeirs was conned out of £12000!

The police have been involved with them:smileymad:

My better half isn't the sharpest knife in the box and would have fallen for this "free offer" had I not taken the phone off her and told them not to phone back or I would be on to the local police!